To ensure the managers, supervisors, and head chefs will have adequate knowledge in safe food handling and technical knowledge to supervise the staff. The qualification is also suitable for those owning/managing smaller food businesses. The qualification can be taken as a free-standing qualification or as part of a wider programme of training. Training duration is 18 hours.
Who can attend
The Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering/manufacturing is a qualification aimed at supervisors, team leaders, and line managers working in the catering and other related industries.
- The Level-3 training is a computer-based PowerPoint presentation with set in videos.
- It is 3 days training with 18 hours duration.
- Which includes two coffee breaks (5 minutes), a lunch break (30 minutes) in each day.
- The examination will be conducted on the 3rd day of training.
- The maximum number of attendees should not exceed 15 nos. in each session.
- Candidates must have valid id card as mentioned in prerequisite
- White Screen
- Flip Charts
- Training handout & Exercises
- classroom discussion
- Question paper
- Medium: English, Hindi, Malayalam,Tamil and Arabic
Evaluation and certification
Answer sheet will be handed over to the HABC awarding body for evaluation and those people who obtain minimum 60% score will get the certificate attested from international awarding body.
- International awarding body HABC UK certification.
- Introduction to food safety
- Microbiology (Multiplication & survival)
- Contamination, hazards and controls
- Food poisoning
- Personal hygiene
- Premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest Management
- Supervisory Management
- Legislation and Enforcement