To impart adequate knowledge of safe handling food to achieve the most relevant good hygiene practices pertaining to the basics of food safety and good hygiene practices in food distribution businesses.
Who can attend
All food handlers engaged in food handling in food business and food service industries like restaurants, hotels, foodstuff trading, foodstuff warehouses, groceries, coffee shops, supermarkets and catering etc.
- The GHP Training for staff (basic food hygiene training) is a computer-based Power Point presentation.
- It takes six hours duration; which includes one coffee break (5 minutes), a lunch break (30 minutes
- The maximum number of attendees should not exceed 15 nos. in each session.
- End of the session, the course booklet are distributed to all attendees.
- As per Sharjah Municipality regulation only one language is allowed in one session.
- Candidates must have a valid Emirates ID card
- White Screen
- Flip Charts
- Training handout & Exercises
- Classroom discussion
- Question paper
- Medium: English, Hindi, Malayalam and Urdu
Evaluation and certification
- The evaluation and certification will be done by Sharjah Municipality
- Hand Washing Method
- Kitchen Hygiene
- Personal hygiene
- Food Storage
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest Control